Monday 31 August 2009

I'm back

Quite a lot has happened since my last post. In fact, Ive decided to delete this site some time ago...fortunately there's a great feature on blogger.com called Undelete blog...Why I deleted it? I thought I'm going to make my own website or portfolio of some sort, but in the end...eh, you know, no time. Well, so here I am, blogging again. And I have some great news indeed.

Let's start with some pictures. Lets say Ive learned quite a lot of CG lately, Maya, to be accurate. It's a great piece of software, so filled with possibilities that I sometimes feel overwhelmed. Modeling, texturing, dynamics, particles, fluids, animation - tons and tons of great stuff. I'm just a humble beginner, but Ill definitely try to improve.

Here are some images I've made. It's a combination of Maya and After Effects mostly.








One more thing. I thought that knowing After Effects makes me quite a good VFX guy. Well, no the case. As Ive found out, After Effects is a software great for creating title sequences, flashy graphics, maybe even some effects...but its not for compositing. And since compositing is the main part of VFX guys daily work, I think I have a lot to learn.

At least I have Nuke now...

- Martin

2 comments: